- English & Media
- Design & Technology
- Future Finders
- ICT & Business
- MFL (languages)
At St George’s School, the PE department is a vibrant and dynamic team that demands hard work and commitment in every lesson.
- Raise the standards of achievement and skill within PE as well as having a healthy influence on the whole school.
- Through knowledge and understanding we will encourage students to participate in physical activities, this will lead to informed choices about how to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Provide the means for children to reach their full potential and develop confidence in a range of contexts.
- Through a varied and engaging curriculum, inspire pupils to remain in physical activity post 16.
- To develop the personal skills necessary to manage success in competitive and co-operative situations. To learn to cope with losing and retain a sense of perspective in competition.
Through the vehicle of sport we aim to develop and reveal key characteristics and skills within our students such as:
As a school, we are delighted with the level of development we have seen in many of our students and it is no surprise that our success in school competitions has undoubtedly been a by-product of our student development.
Students are encouraged to develop their own abilities through a broad and balanced curriculum that involves two hours of core PE per week. Success is highlighted at the individual's own level, therefore allowing success to be achievable by all. It is a shared belief that every child has the potential to achieve through sport and we attempt to expose our students to an extensive extracurricular programme.