- English & Media
- Design & Technology
- Future Finders
- ICT & Business
- MFL (languages)
Design & Technology
Manufacturing is more than just putting parts together. It's coming up with ideas, testing principles and perfecting the engineering, as well as final assembly.
Design Technology at St George's is a successful department which is forward thinking in its delivery of both Key Stage 3 and 4. Our aims are to provide opportunities for pupils to enjoy turning ideas into reality.
- to strive for successful outcomes.
- to strive for successful outcomes
- be creative and develop thinking skills
- work independently and develop self esteem
- to develop attitudes of curiosty, enquiry, initiative, ingenuity, resourcefullness.
- to experience a range of different materials
We have high expectations of all our students and lead by example. We deliver Design and Technology with a consistent and co-ordinated approach.
Design Technology is taught in 3 specialist rooms, a food technology room and two multi material workshop. All the rooms have interactive white boards.
The 2 multi material workshops offer pupils a wide range of facilities for working in a range of materials, including plastics, woods and metals. Computer aided design and manufacture is taught through the use of a Roland Milling Machine and Vinyl cutter which are networked to the 28 computers located between the rooms.